Friday, September 11, 2009

"but i still love technology, always and forever"

you may not have known this but yesterday there was an epic battle on the ashland university campus. this is how it went down:

i was minding my own business on the internet (that's important...i didn't elicit any sort of troubles on my own) then my computer was like "HA, i'm going to be ridiculous" so it kicked me off of the internet and said "you are now on the remediation list...so there!" if you aren't quite sure (i wouldn't be if i hadn't been on it before) the remediation list basically means that you can't get internet until you meet these standards of internetness that you failed.

i thought "silly computer, i was already on the remediation list so i shouldn't have to fix things again...plus the thing that you're telling me to install is already downloaded and in use." but after a bit i uninstalled it then reinstalled it then restarted the computer then tried internet again.

my computer said "you still FAIL!"

so i said to my computer "well, you may have beaten me, but i'm hardly an adversary...i'm not even a threat to a cell phone really. but i have backup! mwahaha!"

i took my computer to the i.t. help desk and waited half an hour and they put it in its place...the internet doesn't control me, i control the internet! yeah!

so...this blog is basically a shout out to the information technologies people and all of those other wonderful people who are actually technologically literate because they make the world a much happier place for people like me who most certainly aren't.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I was just talking to my computer the other day too. He seems frustrated that I still use an old school mouse with a wire... I think he's just mad that he's not as hip as those other computers with their fancy wireless mouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that a mouse with a wire has something to it though. it's a classic...almost an antique and i love antiques! lol

    ReplyDelete